Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Father's Day Golf Themed PAR-TEE

If I ever asked my husband what he would prefer to do on Father's Day, the answer would always be "play golf".  So when my daughter was signed up for a 2 day golf tournament this Father's Day weekend, there could not be anything more he'd rather do than to caddy this event for her.  And since I didn't have any parties planned this same weekend, I couldn't think of anything more I'd rather do than throw a party to let him know not only what a great caddy he is but a great father and husband!

We invited our good friends over who also share our love for the game!  Our girls were paired together each day and it made for a wonderful weekend.   I prepped for the party all afternoon while they were golfing and loved surprising them with this hole in one party when they all arrived home!

Before I share the pics, I'm excited to tell you Bird's Party designed these printables and her party styled by Banner Events seen here was a great inspiration.  As soon as I saw it featured on HWTM, I knew it was perfect for our own Father's Day event!  If you haven't visited Bird's Party, be sure to stop by her blog and see all the creavity she has going on.  Her designs are amazing!


Our golf themed favor table was adorned with pictures of the girls and their caddies at past tournaments, trophy shots and action shots!   Each chair had a caddy bib for a chair cover. 





I loved naming the food.  My daughter the golfer helped me with a few of the names. 

Potato Chips = Chip Shots
Water Bottles = Water Hazards
Sandwiches = Club Sandwiches
Fruit = Fruit Wedges
Pretzel Rods = Flag Sticks
Donut Holes = Bucket of Balls

My favorite food item was of course the golf ball cake pops which I made myself.  Cake pops are my all time favorite dessert  and it only seemed appropriate to serve them as golf balls.  So I decided to try it myself if I could find a golf ball mold.  It was time consuming but well worth it.  I thought they turned out pretty good for my first try!

This was definitely a favorite of mine and held a special place in my heart!  It was a wonderful time with wonderful friends.  And to top it our girls placed 2nd and 3rd in the tournament that weekend!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment