Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole for an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party

When I got a request for an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party, my head started spinning 100 miles an hour.  I had never designed one but had daydreamed (yes, I'm that obsessed) about it.  I'm happy to say I now have my first Wonderland Tea Party in the books!  This particular party was a 5th Birthday Party for 15 guests.  The mother was a complete dream to work with and had lots of ideas of her own.  For instance, as guests arrived she gave them a tiny glass of juice which made them "shrink".  Once they drank the juice, they crawled through the little doorway into the party room. 
Upon entering, their first stop was the Mad Hatter photo booth! 


The Tea Party table was a sight to see!  I love details...


I painted ceramic tea cups and stacked them to use as centerpieces. 



Don't you just LOVE the sparkly mushroom?!


More centerpieces

So much COLOR!!


Alice arrived just in time for tea!






Other fun themed activites that weren't captured on camera were Alice in Wonderland Bingo and Ring A Flamingo Toss in the yard, where guests got a chance to toss hoola hoops around the flamingos.  Alice also does a mean face painting...who knew!?  What fun this was to create!  The girls had a blast and so did I!

3 comments:

  1. Great job!! LOVE all the color and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome party. Just a local Floridian passing through. With the same love for parties.

    ReplyDelete