Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gingerbread House Decorating Playdate

This past weekend, I threw a (very small) Gingerbread House Decorating Party for my girls.  We kept it (very) small mainly because I was nervous about having to construct too many houses.  I had never made a gingerbread house in my life and was terrified of disappointing my own kids with a gingerbread house that was going to fall apart on them with the first piece of candy they applied to it.  But, now that I faced my fears, I must say, they were rather easy to construct and quite sturdy too.  Not one house collapsed on me or the girls.  They had a wonderful time and I am already looking forward to next year's (much bigger) party!
 

The Almost-Too-Adorable-To-Eat Gingerbread girl cookies by Sweet Designs Kitchen in Orlando.  Boy, were they yummy!

The treat table!


My favorite treat of the party!  (They went perfect together with the cookies!)






 The results!




I thought they all looked fabulous!  It was fun to see the creativity come out in a different way through each girl's house.  They had so much fun with it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment